Liverpool, UK with Remote / Flexible working considered.
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for an Animation Director to build and lead our Animation team on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This is an ambitious, AAA project with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Technical Art Director to develop and drive the artistic vision for this project
- Take responsibility at Director level for all aspects of in-game and cutscene animation and set the quality standards
- Build and lead an Animation team
- Identify shortfalls in skills and support ongoing recruitment efforts to grow the Animation team
- Support career development of senior creative staff on your project
- Develop a positive and energetic team culture
- Bring your own experience of best working practices to the team
- Proven experience as an Animation Director on at least one shipped PC or console title
- Experience with motion capture pipelines, a deep understanding of the pitfalls and the ability to make the right strategic decisions early on to avoid them
- Experience directing motion capture shoots and performance capture
- A strong cinematic background, with a deep understanding of cinematic craft and tools
- An expert knowledge of the animation process and fundamentals
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine or a propriety engine
- Familiar with one or more types of Animation software (Maya, MotionBuilder, etc.)
- Have an understanding of mo-cap rigs at a high level
Additional or desired skills:
- An Animation Director or equivalent position on a shipped AAA title
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.