Liverpool, UK with Remote / Flexible working considered.
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for a talented Lead Cinematic Artist to work closely with and oversee all phases of cinematic production on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This is an ambitious, AAA project with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
You will be working closely with the Game Director and Art Director on the narrative direction. You will need to deliver a strong creative vision, collaborating closely with Writers and Animators Designers to generate high quality scripted moments and interactive elements.
- Have ownership and be responsible for the quality of in-game cinematic sequences
- Be responsible for the delivery of the cinematic art team
- Establishing and driving the pipelines, processes and methods necessary to take a cinematic from script through to final delivery
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Communicating with other disciplines to resolve any technical difficulties and push project quality
- Optimizing assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering work culture within the team along with performance feedback to the cinematic team.
- Strong AAA Games experience
- Great working knowledge of UE4 cinematic tools or equivalent tech
- Experience in leading a team and the development of high-quality AAA cinematic art
- Proven experience as a Lead Cinematic Artist on at least one shipped Console or PC title
- Excellent understanding of cinematic storytelling, pacing, and character development in an interactive medium
- Visual literacy and appreciation of cinematic presentation styles and the latest cinematic techniques and innovations.
- Excellent animation skills for motion graphics and cinematic cameras
- Previous game or film experience working on action-oriented sequences and cut scenes.
- Previous experience of working with performance capture data and applying it to cinematic sequences
- Working knowledge of MotionBuilder, Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Cinematography experience, focusing on scene composition, pacing and editing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation
Additional or desired skills:
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or other similar video editing software
- Other film related experience e.g. lighting, colour correction
- Filming, directing, sound recording and shoot-planning for traditional video
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.