Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for an Environment Artist to work with us on reimagining of hauntingly beautiful, critically acclaimed indie IP into VR.
This uniquely tailored project takes a very well-known critically acclaimed indie IP onto VR platforms, maintaining the vision and execution of the original, but delivering a heightened sense of immersion, atmosphere and perspective for players by taking it into a new medium.
- Working closely with the Lead / Principal artist to create accurate, high quality environments and environment assets
- Building in the editor to create levels and environments
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine / platform constraints
- Maintaining your work schedule
- A portfolio showing clean, optimal, models for game
- A portfolio showing models taken from concept to completion
- Experienced in using 3D software (Maya/Max)
- Experienced in high to low poly baking
- Experience of creating optimal lods for game
- Excellent understanding of shape, form and scale
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation
- Knowledge of working with game engines
- Create the artwork based on the specification given by the technical team, budgets, shaders etc.
- Understanding of lighting and how it affects the environment
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Unity engine
- Experience with outsource studios
- Illustrative / Concept art / Matte painting skills
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.