Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for an Environment Artist to join a small team on an exciting multiplayer shooter project which is in the later stages of production.
This is an extremely dynamic project, collaborating with a very high-profile external client, utilising their rich, creative assets and pipelines to deliver an original multiplayer experience as part of their wider IP proposition.
- Working closely with the Lead artist to create accurate, high quality environments and environment assets
- Working independently on asset sets
- Building in the editor to create levels and environments
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine / platform constraints
- Working with PBR shaders following the established game Art Direction
- AAA Game experience
- A portfolio showing clean, optimal, models for game
- A portfolio showing models taken from concept to completion
- Experienced in using 3D software (Maya/Max)
- Experienced in high to low poly baking
- Experience of creating optimal lods for game
- Excellent understanding of shape, form and scale
- Experienced with PBR material creation
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation
- Knowledge of working with game engines
- Create artwork based on the specification given by the technical team, budgets, shaders etc.
- Understanding of lighting and how it affects the environment
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Substance Painter/Designer knowledge
- Knowledge of Unreal engine
- Experience with outsource studios
- Illustrative / Concept art / Matte painting skills
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.