Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for an Environment Artist to brign the Art Directors vision to life on a dark, story-driven next-generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre-defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
- Environmental storytelling through set dressing and population
- Creating high-quality assets, including models, UVs and textures
- Working independently on asset sets, and planning of modular kits
- Ensuring optimal performance and technical quality of assets
- Ensuring dynamic functionality of art assets, ie physics, destruction and weather
- Optimizing assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Possible mentoring of more junior artists
- Strong AAA Game experience
- A portfolio showing scene composition and modular workflow
- A portfolio showing clean, optimal, models for game
- A portfolio showing models taken from concept to completion
- Experience using industry-standard DCC software (ie Maya/Max etc)
- Experience of high to low poly baking workflows
- Strong core art skills, including an understanding of composition, form, silhouette, colour and light theory
- Experience with PBR material creation
- Understanding of procedural workflows for textures sets
- Understanding of scanning workflows for assets and textures
- General awareness of geographical processes, architecture, historical and cultural context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
You're an experienced Environment Artist with a proven track record of creating and maintaining game environments. Working from concept art you will bring the Art Director’s vision to life and maintain a consistent art style.
You will need to work closely with the rest of the team, including Lead Artists, Level Designers, and Animators, to create gameplay spaces that play well and look visually stunning. You will need to be able to create natural and organic environments, as well as interior spaces.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.