We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within Firesprite to join our expanding back office support team. Firesprite is a video games development company based in Liverpool’s City centre with a strong desire to innovate and promote new technologies and expanding ideas. Based in Liverpool, the heart of the North West’s vibrant game development hub, Firesprite Games is an independent game developer working at the cutting edge of game development on the latest hardware platforms.
We’re the creators of our own original survival horror IP, “The Persistence”, released to critical acclaim for PlayStation VR in Summer 2018 and we have also collaborated with many strategic partners on a wide range of high profile projects including (but not limited to) “The Playroom”, “The Playroom VR” and “Run SackboyRun”. We have ambitious plans for 2020 and beyond and we are looking for talented developers to join our studio as we embark upon this exciting new phase. As a member of the finance team you will be instrumental in providing the necessary support at an exciting time of rapid company growth and development. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced financial professional to play a pivotal role in the development of the department and of the company.
We are looking for a committed, proactive, and driven Accountant with a strong accountancy background who has a thorough understanding of financial statements and can build automated forecast models to be used by senior management in strategic decision making. The successful candidate will need to be used to working within a fast-paced and ever-changing environment to deadlines and will be able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively, whilst maintaining accuracy.
- You will report into the Financial Controller and work closely with our Development director and Resource planner to build and maintain 3 and 5-year automated financial forecasting models including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow forecast.
- Assist with various departmental budgets.
- Assist with regulatory reporting.
- Highlight to the business any risk exposure for operational areas / projects.
- Analyse financial data to highlight key variances and trends ensuring these are fully documented, enabling effective mitigation actions to be identified.
- Validating accuracy of financial data
- Preparation of ad-hoc management information and analysis
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong MS Excel, analytical, administration and organisational skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a finance/accounting team.
- Must have previous experience of financial planning and analysis, budgeting, building financial models.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Pragmatic, flexible and solutions orientated with a dedication to maintain the highest standards.
- Inquisitive and comfortable highlighting concerns if something does not look quite right.
- Ability to multi-task, use own initiative and work autonomously when required.
- Ability to draw key business conclusions from analysis and anticipate scenarios.
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the games industry
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.