We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience
We are looking for a Game Designer to work on a VR update of hugely popular and successful game. This is a great opportunity for a flexible designer to touch all areas of a project, from levels to cameras, to interface work.
Your responsibilities primarily focus on enhancing the world layouts for VR immersion, as well as being aware of optimisations for the journey to the new platform. You will also be required to ensure all camera functionality is perfectly tuned for VR.
You will be spending the majority of your time in editor, making improvements to the game, in addition to documenting your work.
- Learning about the wider game and finding opportunities to enhance the experience in VR
- Updating missions / levels to further immerse VR players
- Presenting your ideas to the wider team where necessary
- Delving into the editor and deliver in game content
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time, and with little guidance from others
- Exceptional creativity and design skills
- Experience in systems and level design
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Pro-active communication with the wider team
- Strong knowledge of at least 1 industry standard engine
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Basic knowledge in Maya / 3DS Max
- Good knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc)
- Able to clearly demonstrate previous game design and system design work
You have worked as a Game or Level Designer in a role previously, and you welcome the challenge of making a big difference in a small team. You are a proven all-round designer, creating designs and scenarios that draw players into what you create, and you have the technical know how to deliver them. You are also able to communicate effectively with the art and code teams to ensure information is efficiently with the right parts of the team. You are also an organised and methodical person, able to plan your own tasks and take pride in delivering high quality work.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.