Liverpool, UK with Remote / Flexible working considered.
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are seeking an experienced Game Director to join our talented Strategic Projects department. This new department delivers all of Firesprite’s co-development work, plus some strategically important games, and software for the company. In this role, you will get to work on some of the biggest games in the industry. Reporting to the Studio Creative Director in this innovative role, you will be working alongside a Development Director across all titles in the department. As the Strategic Projects Game Director, you will be the Creative leader for the teams, and responsible for the quality of the delivery of each of the teams. You will interface with the clients on each project, understanding their goals and Imagineering content to deliver outstanding software to hit these goals.
- Delivering high-quality game contenT
- Guiding projects from initial contact through to release and in some cases, live-ops
- Understanding the creative direction for the games and ensuring all content hits the creative goals
- Develop excellent relationships with Publishers and External partners
- Work with production teams to ensure scope is manageable whilst ensuring the projects will progress towards quality goals
- Identifying shortfalls in skills and assisting with the recruitment process
- Creating or overseeing all design work
- Being the glue within the teams, the person who steers the ship and brings all the disciplines together
- Career management of senior creative staff on your projects
- Reporting progress to the team, studio management, and externals
- Ability to create (and maintain) game vision
- Drive the quality of the game through all phases of development
- Natural leadership skills
- Clear and concise communication
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of game development
- Ability to context switch without losing concentration
- Very organised for a creative person
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Excellent written game design skills
- Proactive and entrepreneurial
- Must be able to work well under pressure
You are a proactive and entrepreneurial character, who has worked in senior creative leadership roles before (ideally on multiple projects simultaneously) and have the ability to context switch easily and effectively. You are a proven designer with a track record of creating great content and have the ability and confidence to communicate your ideas to teams effectively. You have natural leadership qualities and have a deep all-round knowledge of all areas of game development.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.