Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer to work closely with a respected client to expand the live ops pipeline of their already established title, full of imagination, creativity, and adventure!
This is project entails a deep partnership with a well-respected and prestigious client, working with them to extend their live ops pipeline for their action-adventure title, delivering varied and compelling content for their recurring player base.
As a Gameplay Programmer you will be responsible for developing and maintaining user facing systems and overall architecture.
- Prototype, implement, iterate and polish new and existing gameplay mechanics and associated systems.
- Respond to design feedback to help meet the creative vision of the game.
- Provide constructive input to and feedback on potential new features during the initial design, prototyping, iteration, and polish stages.
- Be a point of contact for designers, artists, and other coders for the systems you create and maintain.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience of programming in C++.
- Learning specific areas of and debugging issues in large and complex C++ based codebases, that utilise custom tools and engines.
- Experience profiling and optimising CPU performance of real-time and networked/multiplayer/online oriented systems.
- General software engineering knowledge, such as OOP, design patterns & API development.
- Confidence working with 3D maths, vectors, matrices, linear algebra.
- At least 2 years relatable experience in a similar role
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Console development.
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- An intuition for, and interest in, ‘game feel’.
- Approachable, with a proactive attitude towards cross discipline communication.
- A willingness and desire to learn, adapt and work outside of your comfort zone.
- Self-motivated, and able to self-manage and prioritise own workload.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.