Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join the code team on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
As a Gameplay Programmer you will be responsible for developing and maintaining user facing systems and overall architecture. You will be working on next gen platforms and in areas such as but not limited to – animation, AI, cameras, gameplay, systems architecture, controls, physics, etc.
- Prototype, implement, iterate and polish new and existing gameplay mechanics and associated systems.
- Respond to design feedback to help meet the creative vision of the game.
- Provide constructive input to and feedback on potential new features during the initial design, prototyping, iteration and polish stages.
- Be a point of contact for designers, artists and other coders for the systems you create and maintain.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience of programming in C++.
- Experience profiling and optimising CPU performance of real-time oriented systems.
- General software engineering knowledge, such as OOP, design patterns & API development.
- Confidence working with 3D maths, vectors, matrices, linear algebra.
- Previous experience as a Gameplay Programmer within the Games Industry.
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- An intuition for, and interest in, ‘game feel’.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Console development.
- Experience of working with game-play mechanics concerning narrative, action or adventure games.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.