We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are seeking an experienced Programmer to join one of our existing development teams, that is creating key new key features for an epic sci-fi themed AAA PC game.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining core gameplay mechanics and systems and will work closely with a range of disciplines to deliver, iterate, evolve and polish gameplay elements to the highest quality possible; ensuring they are fun and satisfying to play.
- Prototype, implement, iterate and polish new and existing gameplay mechanics and associated systems.
- Produce robust, efficient, clear and maintainable code, while striving to reduce technical debt across the game.
- Respond to design feedback to help meet the creative vision of the game.
- Provide constructive input to and feedback on potential new features during the initial design, prototyping, iteration and polish stages.
- Be a point of contact for designers, artists and other coders for the systems you create and maintain.
- Take responsibility for, and ownership of even the thornier elements of shipping a game, such as debugging awkward crashes, profiling and optimising code, and performing diligent testing of changes.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience of programming in C++.
- Learning specific areas of and debugging issues in large and complex C++ based codebases, that utilise custom tools and engines.
- Experience profiling and optimising CPU performance of real-time and networked/multiplayer/online oriented systems.
- General software engineering knowledge, such as OOP, design patterns & API development.
- Confidence working with 3D maths, vectors, matrices, linear algebra.
- The ability to write and optimise solid, robust and maintainable game code that respects agreed development guidelines.
- At least 2 years relatable experience in a similar role, ideally with experience of working with and a passion for game-play mechanics concerning first person shooting or vehicle-based flight/driving.
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- An intuition for, and interest in, ‘game feel’.
- Approachable, with a proactive attitude towards cross discipline communication.
- A willingness and desire to learn, adapt and work outside of your comfort zone.
- Self-motivated, and able to self-manage and prioritise own workload.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.