Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for a Lead Animator to lead a team of Animators on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Technical Animation Lead to develop and refine animation workflows and pipelines
- Liaise with the Technical Animation Lead to drive the rig and iteration of character rigs
- Ensure that the work of the team follows the quality standards, artistic direction and set deadlines
- Develop a positive and energetic team culture
- Bring your own experience of best working practices to the team
- Build and lead a team of Animators
- Work with Dev Managers to ensure a realistic time estimates are given
- Identify shortfalls in skills and support ongoing recruitment efforts to grow the Animation team
- Proven experience as a Lead Animator on at least one shipped PC or console title
- Experience working on a AAA title
- A good level of technical expertise
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder
- Experience working with motion capture data and pipelines
- A deep understanding of body movement, spatial awareness and ability to adapt to different animation styles
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine or a proprietary engine
- Have an understanding of mo-cap rigs at a high level
- Experience with people management, skills development and mentoring
Additional or desired skills:
- Any experience with UE4 Maya Animation Rigging Toolset (ART)
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.