We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience
We are looking for a Lead Designer to lead a small team helping deliver unique game modes for a very popular online game. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual looking for their next challenge.
Your responsibilities will include leading the team to help design, craft and deliver unique journey’s, features, and missions in an online sandbox world. You will lead and mentor the design team on the game, as well as flexing your creative muscles when designing content for the game and reviewing the ideas of the other designers in your team.You will also have some responsibilities for implementation, and to review all content to ensure it meets our quality standards before it is shipped.
The team is already established, and you will be joining the team at an exciting time as they set out at the start of a large new area of content.
- Learning about the wider game and finding opportunities to enhance it
- Leading and inspiring the team to develop exciting scenarios
- Imagining and documenting exciting systems and missions for the player to enjoy
- Presenting your designs to the team and client
- Delving into the editor and deliver in game content
- Reviewing the junior staff’s work and mentoring them
- Helping plan content for future updates
- Mix of hands-on in-editor and leadership
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time, and with virtually no guidance from others
- Exceptional creativity and design skills
- Experience in systems design
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Pro-active communication with the wider team
- Strong knowledge of at least 1 industry standard engine
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Basic knowledge in Maya / 3DS Max
- Good knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc)
- Able to clearly demonstrate previous game design and system design work
Ideally you have worked in a Lead Design role previously, although this role could be an opportunity for an experienced Senior Designer looking for the next step up in their career. You are a proven game and quest designer, creating scenarios that draw players into journeys you create, and you have a technical knowhow to deliver them. You are also a natural communicator, with the natural talent to lead inspire those around you. You can easily switch between hands on development and leadership roles, having mentored other members of staff in the past.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.