We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
The project is a huge multi-platform next generation action shooter experience with a heavy focus on Games as a Service, looking to bring a fresh tone, unique mechanics and memorable player experience to the genre.
As a Senior / Principal Environment Artist you will work closely with the Lead Artist, Animators and Art Director, as well as production to create a variety of Environment assets, sets and organics based on concept to suit the existing game style. The ideal applicant will have the ability to work in both a stylistic and realism way.
- Working closely with the Lead / Principal artist to create accurate, high quality environments and environment assets
- Working independently on asset sets
- Building in the editor to create levels and environments
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine / platform constraints
- Working with PBR shaders following the established game Art Direction
- Maintaining your work schedule
- Possibility of mentoring more junior artists
- Strong AAA Game experience
- A portfolio showing clean, optimal, models for game
- A portfolio showing models taken from concept to completion
- Experienced in using 3D software (Maya/Max
- Experienced in high to low poly baking
- Experience of creating optimal lods for game
- Excellent understanding of shape, form and scale
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation
- Knowledge of working with game engines
- Create the artwork based on the specification given by the technical team, budgets, shaders etc.
- Understanding of lighting and how it affects the environment
Additional or desired skills:
- Substance Painter/Designer knowledge
- Knowledge of Unreal engine
- Experience with outsource studios
- Illustrative / Concept art / Matte painting skills
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.