Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Lead Graphics Programmer to oversee the rendering team on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
As a Lead Graphic Programmer you will be responsible for delivering awesome and innovative graphics effects, systems, and relevant tools to support the visual ambitions of the game. You will be working on next gen platforms and in areas such as but not limited to – varied water expanses, dynamic clouds, lighting /atmospherics, vegetation, sand, terrain generation, footprints/displacement, art, pipelines, optimisation, etc.
You will be expected to manage and mentor other programmers, take ownership of whole systems and plan rendering tasks ahead.
- Responsible for the implementation of varied graphics systems related to environment rendering.
- Liaison with Art and Design to establish practical targets, budgets and limits.
- Devise innovative solutions to overcome platform constraints.
- Be a point of contact for designers, artists and other coders for the systems you create and maintain.
- Shader and material support.
- Manage and mentor the graphic programming team.
- Organize the rendering code team through planning, meetings and documentation
- Excellent C++
- A broad knowledge of GPU architecture
- A broad knowledge of contemporary graphics techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of shaders.
- Strong API design / software engineering skills.
- Strong 3D vector maths.
- CPU and GPU profiling experience.
- An eye for the creative and aesthetic aspects of development.
- Previous experience as a Lead Graphics Programmer, with at least one shipped PC or Console title.
- Excellent communicator / facilitator.
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Familiarity with working in Unreal Engine 4.
- Console development experience.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.