Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Lead Narrative Designer to drive the player’s journey on a AAA branching narrative adventure. Working alongside Narrative Direction, Writing and Design teams you will play a lead role in the seamless marriage of storytelling with gameplay and mission design. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual looking for their next challenge, as the team is at an early stage, you will ensure the narrative design is a central pillar of the development. You will also play an active role in helping to grow and develop the narrative design team.
- Working with gameplay and mission design to articulate story beats through core gameplay
- Work with art to identify opportunities/techniques for environmental narrative
- Determine the best narrative technique for each storytelling opportunity
- Design and develop narrative in-game mechanics/puzzles serving story needs
- Be part of the custodian team for the branching narrative across gameplay, cinematic content, dialogue, and text
- Ensure continuity and robustness through all branches and their consequences
- Working with the Narrative Director and the writing team, contribute to the game’s overall story development
- Reviewing the game, to identify situations for narrative improvement and specifically what those improvements should be
- Discoverable content (pick-ups, environmental interactive elements (i.e. readable signs, etc.)
- VO / mocap attendance and reviewing to ensure continuity and to select takes etc
- Determining and working with tools to deliver the narrative design
- Help grow, develop, and champion, the narrative design team within the wider development
- Significant professional game development experience with an impressive portfolio
- Exceptional knowledge of all storytelling techniques
- Obsessive about delivering the very best player experience
- Working knowledge of game design and mission design principles
- A great communicator who is respected by their peers
- Ability to add to each project – proactive and driven, not waiting for tasks from others
You are an extremely proactive person who is looking to take a major role in a AAA branching narrative game. You are ready to jump at a rare opportunity to deliver a landmark title and to help build a world-class narrative design team.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.