We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience
The project is a huge multi-platform next generation action shooter experience with a heavy focus on Games as a Service, looking to bring a fresh tone, unique mechanics and memorable player experience to the genre.
We are seeking a Lead Systems Designer to join our team on an incredibly exciting project and to create enjoyable gameplay systems and encounters.
You will get to work with a dedicated and talented team that is totally focused on creating AAA quality and has delivered some amazing titles. Come and join our successful, stable, and expanding studio and create a game that’s guaranteed to be massive hit across the globe!
- Owning large areas of the game’s overall design
- Creating original and exciting designs for features, core loops, layouts, encounters, menus etc.
- Balancing difficulty and learning curves to keep the player engaged through their entire journey
- Creating briefs for junior members of the team to follow, which deliver on the vision of the Game Director
- Reviewing work from junior members of the team, and providing actionable feedback that drives the game forward
- Presenting your designs to the team
- Accurately planning your work
- To be a ‘safe pair of hands’ that your Game Director can rely on and the team will respect
- Crafting levels that take the player on a gripping journey
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time, and with virtually no guidance from others
- Exceptional creativity and game design / game system skills
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Pro-active communication with the wider team
- UE4 experience is an advantage, but not essential
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- At least basic capabilities with Maya / 3DSMax
- Good knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc)
- Have shipped at least 1 game in a similar role
- At least 5 years’ experience
- Candidates must be able to clearly demonstrate pervious game design and system design work. Be it from the industry, education, or modding
Additional or desired skills:
- Experience in a range of design roles
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.