Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for a Lead Vegetation Artist to help bring the gameplay spaces to life on a dark, story-driven next-generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre-defining goals. This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies. This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
- Creating high-quality foliage assets, including models, UVs and textures
- Ensuring optimal performance and technical quality of assets
- Ensuring dynamic functionality of foliage assets, such as. physics, destruction and weather
- Optimizing assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Possible mentoring of more junior artists
- Strong AAA Game experience
- A portfolio demonstrating organic sculpting and high poly modelling skills
- Experience using industry-standard DCC software (ie Maya/Max etc)
- Experience of sculpting packages such as ZBrush or Mudbox
- Experience of high to low poly baking workflows
- Strong core art skills, including an understanding of composition, form, silhouette, colour and light theory
- Strong observational skills and an eye for detail
- Experience with PBR material creation
- Understanding of procedural workflows for textures sets
- Understanding of scanning workflows for assets and textures
- A foundational understanding of the natural world and the forces that shape foliage and vegetation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Substance Painter/Designer knowledge
- Knowledge of Unreal engine
You will be an experienced 3D Artist with experience of creating and maintaining vegetation and foliage for game environments. You will need to work closely with the rest of the team, including Environment Artists, Lead Artists, Level Designers, and Animators, to create foliage assets that bring gameplay spaces to life.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.