LOCATION Liverpool, UK with Remote / Flexible working considered.
SALARY We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience
We're looking for a Lead or Principle VFX Artist to bring the Art Directors vision to life on a dark, story-driven next-generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre-defining goals. This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
You will be an experienced VFX Artist with a proven track record of creating and maintaining VFX for games. Working from reference or concept art you will bring the Art Director’s vision to life and maintain a consistent art style. You will need to work closely with the rest of the team, including Designers and Animators, and Cinematic Artists to create gameplay VFX and cinematic VFX that reinforce gameplay and look visually stunning.
- Creating and designing high quality real-time visual FX for characters, environments and gameplay
- Assisting the Art Director and the Design Team in establishing the visual style of the VFX
- Ensuring optimal performance and technical quality of assets
- The ability to work from photo reference or concept art to deliver a fully game ready asset including texturing and shading in-game engine
- Mentoring of more junior artists
- Strong AAA Game experience
- A portfolio demonstrating a variety of game-ready visual effects and a strong understanding of the relevant technical requirements.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and the Cascade / Niagara editors or equivalents
- Advanced knowledge of industry-standard DCC software (ie Maya/Max etc)
- Experience with baked and real-time destruction simulation
- Strong core art skills, including an understanding of composition, form, silhouette, colour and light theory
- A keen eye for motion, compositing, and animation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Visual scripting experience
- Experience in Houdini FX
- Experience with animation, modelling and texturing
- Experience writing shaders in a shading language such as HLSL
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.