We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are seeking an experienced Network Programmer to form a core part of a small but experienced team on an incredibly exciting project. As one of our Network Programmers you will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of client-side networking.
You will get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles. Come and join our successful, stable and expanding studio and create a game that’s guaranteed to be massive hit across the globe!
- Deliver high quality networking of gameplay systems and network heavy gameplay systems using appropriate levels of abstraction
- Identify and debug networking problems quickly and efficiently
- Help define the technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult networking problems
- Use appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximize efficiency (for both development time and runtime performance
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills
- Expert in networking concepts and able to use networking primitives with minimal support
- Good algorithm and data structure skills (including time & space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance of basic data structures)
- Awareness of multithreading concepts and able to use multithreading primitives with guidance
- Capable of reading and understanding game code
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems
- Able to plan their work with some assistance
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience debugging issues in large and complex codebase
- A willingness and desire to learn, adapt and work outside of your comfort zone
- Approachable, with a proactive attitude towards cross discipline communication
- Have shipped at least 1 game in a similar role
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role
Additional or desired skills:
- Current console experience
- Working knowledge of Agile development
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.