Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Principal Animation Programmer to join our character strike team on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next- generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
As a Principal Animation Programmer you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the animation pipeline and state machines. You will be working on next gen platforms and in areas such as but not limited to – animation graphs, custom animation nodes, behaviour trees, locomotion, motion capture, etc. We expect you to mentor more junior programmers, take ownerships of whole systems and bring them a quality level where they can be reused on other projects.
- Prototype, implement, iterate and polish world class character animation and locomotion.
- Be a point of contact for TA, artists and other coders for the systems you create and maintain.
- Take full ownership of one or multiple game systems.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience of programming in C++.
- Thorough knowledge of Unreal Engine Animation Graph, custom animation nodes, behaviour trees
- Experience in debugging, profiling and optimising CPU performance of large real-time oriented systems.
- General software engineering knowledge, such as OOP, design patterns & API development.
- Confidence working with 3D maths, vectors, matrices, linear algebra.
- Previous experience as an Animation Programmer on at least one shipped
- PC or Console title, and a passion for character animation.
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- An intuition for, and interest in, ‘game feel’.
- Experience with Console development.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.