LOCATION Liverpool, UK with Remote / Flexible working considered.
SALARY We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Principal Game Designer to create and deliver world-class interactions and gameplay for a AAA branching narrative adventure game. You will own huge areas of the game, working directly with the Lead Designer and Directors. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual looking for their next challenge, as the team is at an early stage, giving you a chance to create the core gameplay interactions and see the game through its entire journey. A Principal Designer is at the same level as a Lead Designer but without the management overhead. It’s perfect for an expert who wants to focus on the game itself above all else.
- Be an additive part of all major design decisions on a AAA game
- Imagining and documenting major features
- Taking these features from initial ideation, through documentation, prototype, and full production
- ‘Feature Owner’ of cross-discipline teams to deliver exceptional quality
- Creating these features and interactions in Unreal 4, using Blueprints
- Reviewing design work and implementation work to ensure quality
- Assisting more junior members of the design team
- Accurately planning work
- Ability to own and deliver high-quality work, with no guidance from others
- Obsessive about delivering the very best player experience
- Exceptional creativity and design skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both to Directors and to team members in all disciplines
- Love of narrative-driven games
- Basic knowledge of cinematic techniques
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Pro-active communication
- Good knowledge of at least 1 industry-standard engine, ideally Unreal 4
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Significant professional game development experience with an impressive portfolio
ABOUT YOU: You are an extremely creative person who has had success in their career so far, who is looking for a big chance to craft a AAA branching narrative cinematic adventure game. You are passionate about being a creative leader within the team, without the distraction of management duties.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.