Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for a Senior or Principal Game Designer to own important areas of an all-new Action Adventure project adapted for VR, from one of the most original and successful multimillion selling console IP titles in the last 10 years. This is an exceptionally exciting project, partnering with the IP holder to create a whole new chapter in the exciting and highly original universe they have established, utilising the full immersive capabilities in VR to build a new narrative for fans and newcomers alike.
- Designing and taking implementation ownership of exceptional combat encounters and gameplay systems
- Creating and updating design documentation that can be used by code, art and animation to help deliver on your vision
- Working in cross discipline teams to implement, iterate and balance gameplay systems
- Taking systems and encounters through to a final deliverable state, polished and ready for players
- Working through bugs that are created as a part of the development process
- Working with the Game Director to deliver systems that match the vision and world class expectations of the team
- Working with level design teams to create systems and encounters that integrate seamlessly
- Mentoring junior team members to help raise the standard of design quality, giving excellent feedback which drives the quality of the game
- Experience developing for a AAA quality title in a similar role
- Experience designing and taking ownership of combat encounters
- Good working knowledge of UE4
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Good knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc)
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Pro-active communication with the wider team
- Experience with VR a bonus
You are a self-driven and creative Designer who doesn’t ever settle for second best, you have a track record of delivering exceptional quality in the features you own. You colleagues consider you a safe pair of hands, knowing that when they ask you to own a feature that you will deliver world class results.
You are technically minded enough to work in editor to make ideas a reality and you evangelise the player experience to other members of cross discipline development teams.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.