Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for a Principal Lighting Artist to create both exterior and interior lighting within game environments and cutscenes on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This is an ambitious, AAA project with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
- Work closely with the Leads and AD to help maintain, develop and refine lighting pipelines
- Work collaboratively with the art team to create great AAA games experiences
- Placing and adjusting light sources within the environment
- Create scene lighting for both gameplay and cinematics
- Bring your own ideas to the team and help to improve workflows and processes
- Proven experience as a Principal Lighting Artist, or similar position, on at least one shipped PC or Console title
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or a proprietary engine
- Experienced in using 3D software (Maya/Max)
- Strong understanding of lighting and composition
- Excellent knowledge of lighting theory
- Knowledge and experience of baked and real-time lighting techniques
- Strong understanding of physical-based lighting systems
Additional or desired skills:
- Experience working on a AAA title
- Compositing and colour grading experience
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.