We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience
We are seeking an experienced Character Artist to to assist in designing and producing game ready 3D characters for a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into groundbreaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
You will get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles. Come and join our successful, stable and expanding studio and create a game that’s guaranteed to be massive hit across the globe!
- Create high quality models, textures and materials for game-ready 3D characters
- Working closely with the Art Director and concept team to conceptualize designs for the game characters
- The ability to produce these assets from concept art and design briefs
- Collaborate with animators and VFX artists to breathe life into the characters
- Assist in defining the character art pipeline
- To over deliver on the spec given by the Art Director by helping to set and maintain a high-quality bar for the projects character art
- Experience working in a Senior Character art role on at least one published AAA title. A strong non senior candidate would be considered
- Portfolio of work demonstrating a strong capability of producing game ready character art
- Strong core art skills with an advanced understanding of anatomy and proportion
- Outstanding creativity and a desire to contribute ideas to the project
- Advanced knowledge of Maya and Zbrush
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with using the Substance tools
- Skilled in creating textures suitable for a PBR pipeline
- Experience in creating both organic and hard surface assets
- A strong knowledge of current game art pipelines and methodologies in terms of character art production. Including the ability to time manage effectively
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Must have a passion and understanding of what makes AAA games great
- Highly self-motivated and show initiative
- Avid and passionate gamer
Additional or desired skills:
- Console development experience would be advantageous
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.