Liverpool, UK with Remote / Flexible working considered.
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience
We are looking for a Senior Level Designer to design and create amazing gameplay spaces on a ground-breaking next generation PvP shooter project with a Games as a Service focus. This is a AAA quality original IP at an exciting stage! The opportunity is to join at the earliest stages of a multi-year development and help shape an incredible new game experience.
The project is a huge multi-platform next-generation action shooter experience with a heavy focus on Games as a Service, looking to bring unique mechanics and a bombastic tone to blow the doors off and bring something new to the genre!
- Owning large sections of the game world and being responsible for delivering the
- Designing and blocking out original and exciting level
- Iterating gameplay spaces to make them play brilliantly
- Creating briefs for junior members of the team to follow, which deliver on the vision of the Game Director
- Reviewing work from junior members of the team, and providing actionable feedback that drives the game forward
- An involvement in most creative areas of the game beyond LD
- Presenting your designs to the team
- Accurately planning your work
- Ability to deliver high-quality work on time, and with virtually no guidance from others
- Exceptional creativity and design skills
- Basic modelling capabilities with Maya / 3DSMax
- UE4 experience is a distinct advantage, but not essential
- Good knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc)
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Pro-active communication with the wider team
- Shipped at least 1 game in a similar role
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role desired
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of architectural design and latest trends and technology in level design
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.