Liverpool, UK with Remote / Flexible working considered.
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Senior / Principal Environment Artist to lead a small team on a huge, globally recognised IP, on an exciting multiplayer shooter project which is in the later stages of production development.
This is an extremely dynamic project, collaborating with a very high-profile client, utilising their assets and pipelines to deliver an original multiplayer experience as part of their wider IP proposition.
The team is already established, and you will be joining the team at an exciting time as they set the direction for further content delivery.
As a Senior / Principal Environment Artist you will work closely with the Lead Artist, Animators and Art Director, as well as Production to create a variety of Environment assets, sets and organics based on concept to suit the existing game style.
- Working closely with the Lead / Principal artist to create accurate, high quality environments and environment assets
- Working independently on asset sets
- Building in the editor to create levels and environments
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine / platform constraints
- Working with PBR shaders following the established game Art Direction
- Maintaining your work schedule
- Possibility of mentoring more junior artists
- Strong AAA Game experience
- A portfolio showing clean, optimal, models for game
- A portfolio showing models taken from concept to completion
- Experienced in using 3D software (Maya/Max
- Experienced in high to low poly baking
- Experience of creating optimal lods for game
- Excellent understanding of shape, form and scale
- Experienced with PBR material creation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation
- Knowledge of working with game engines
- Create the artwork based on the specification given by the technical team, budgets, shaders etc.
- Understanding of lighting and how it affects the environment
Additional or desired skills:
- Substance Painter/Designer knowledge
- Knowledge of Unreal engine
- Experience with outsource studios
- Illustrative / Concept art / Matte painting skills
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.