LOCATION Liverpool, UK with Remote / Flexible working considered.
SALARY We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience
We're looking for a Senior Prop Artist to work from concept art or from style guides on a dark, story-driven next-generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre-defining goals
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
You will be a Senior Environment Artist with a proven track record of creating and maintaining assets for game environments. Working from concept art or from style guides you will maintain a consistent art style, you will need to work closely with the rest of the team, including the Art Director, Lead Artists, Level Designers, and Animators, to create asset sets that bring gameplay spaces to life.
- Creating high-quality assets, including models, UVs and textures
- Working independently on asset sets and modular kits
- Ensuring optimal performance and technical quality of assets
- Ensuring dynamic functionality of art assets, such as physics, destruction and weather
- Optimizing assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Mentoring of more junior artists
- Strong AAA Game experience
- A portfolio showing clean, optimal models for game
- A portfolio demonstrating skill at both organic sculpting and hard surface modelling
- A portfolio showing models, taken from concept to completion
- Experience using industry-standard DCC software (ie Maya/Max etc)
- Experience of high to low poly baking workflows
- Strong core art skills, including an understanding of composition, form, silhouette, colour and light theory
- Strong observational skills and an eye for detail
- Strong understanding of PBR material creation
- Experience of procedural workflows for textures sets
- Understanding of scanning workflows for assets and textures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Substance Painter/Designer knowledge
- Knowledge of Unreal engine
- High poly sculpting in Zbrush or equivalent package
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.