Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Animator to join our team on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
- Support the Animation team with planning, knowledge sharing and general technical support
- Create tools/scripts to aid animators with regards to exporting to game
- Support the process of rigging and skinning of environment assets
- Support the creation of both hand animated and procedurally animated environment assets
- Support the physics set up and game logic integration of environment assets
- Collaborate with code and animation team to make sure they are working as efficiently and as stress free as possible.
- Support the Leads and wider team to create and maintain documentation standards and practices for in-game technical animation
- Identifying shortfalls in technical animation skills and assisting with the recruitment process
- Working with Dev Managers to ensure a realistic project scope
- Bring your own experience of best working practices to the team
- Proven experience as a Senior Technical Animator on at least one shipped PC or Console title
- Proven experience producing high quality rigged and skinned characters
- Proven experience working with motion capture data from 3rd party providers
- Excellent knowledge of animation and the processes involved in creating animations
- A strong knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder
- Experience with implementing animation and animation logic in a game engine
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Houdini destruction/simulation pipelines
- Experience with Unreal VFX (Niagara)
- Previous experience with procedural animation of natural phenomena (wind etc)
- Previous experience with simulation-based animation of natural phenomena (foliage etc)
- Console development experience
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.