Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Designer to lead a small team of designers on an exciting multiplayer shooter project which is in the latter stages of production.
This is an extremely dynamic project, collaborating with a very high-profile external client, utilising their rich, creative assets and pipelines to deliver an original multiplayer experience as part of their wider IP proposition.
You’ll have a passion for the technical side of development and the challenges it brings as you offer innovation and creative solutions. You will be leading a small team but this is a hands-on role where you’ll be inspiring those around you and creating scenarios that draw players into worlds you create. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, technically minded individual looking for their next challenge.
- Learning about the wider game and finding opportunities to enhance it
- Leading and inspiring the team to develop exciting scenarios
- Delving into the technical side of the engine and levels
- Some systems design
- Presenting your designs to the team and client
- Reviewing the junior staff’s work and mentoring them
- Helping plan content for future updates
- Mix of hands-on in-editor and leadership
- Whiteboxing skills in Maya / 3DS Max
- Good knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc)
- Strong knowledge of at least 1 industry standard engine, with a passion for learning others
- Proven experience as a designer on at least one shipped Console or PC title
- Experience in systems design
- Exceptional creativity and level design skills
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Be a pro-active communicator, working collaboratively with the wider team
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience in a range of design roles
- Previous experience creating multiplayer levels
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.