We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Level Designer to lead a small team helping deliver unique game modes for a Sci-Fi MMO. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual looking for their next challenge.
Your responsibilities will include leading the team to help craft and deliver unique experiences in an existing Sci-Fi world.
You will look for areas in the lore of the game to turn into exciting multiplayer arenas and modes. There is also the opportunity to help shape and add to the lore of the game as new scenarios are created.
The team is already established, and you will be joining the team at an exciting time as they set the direction for further content delivery.
- Learning about the wider game and finding opportunities to enhance it
- Leading and inspiring the team to develop exciting scenarios
- Delving into the technical side of the engine and levels
- Some systems design
- Presenting your designs to the team and client
- Reviewing the junior staff’s work and mentoring them
- Helping plan content for future updates
- Mix of hands-on in-editor and leadership
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time, and with virtually no guidance from others Exceptional creativity and level design skills
- Experience in systems design
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Pro-active communication with the wider team
- Strong knowledge of at least 1 industry standard engine, with a passion for learning others
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Whiteboxing skills in Maya / 3DS Max
- Good knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc)
- Able to clearly demonstrate previous game design and system design work
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience in a range of design roles
You've worked in a Senior Design role for at least 2 years, with at least one released title at this level. You're a proven multiplayer level designer, creating scenarios that draw players into worlds you create and you have a passion for the technical side of development. You're also a natural communicator, very technically minded and able to inspire those around you. You can easily switch between hands on development and leadership roles, having mentored other members of staff in the past.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.