Permanent or Contract.
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are seeking an exceptional Technical Artist to join the studio at Director level with the aim to develop and mentor the Tech Art Team across the studio.
You will be responsible for the development and improvement of the content pipelines and investigate the applicability of new technology and workflow ideologies.
You will work very closely with the whole of the team, especially with the art director and designers, to identify possible risks and provide solutions to overcome them even at a projects concept/planning stage.
It is a chance to get in at the early stages of a growing studio working on multiple new IP’s and get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles. Come and join our successful, stable, and expanding studio and create games that are guaranteed to be massive hits across the globe!
- Make critical art pipeline and process decisions
- Direct efforts of the Technical Art staff to develop the art tool chain, documentation and maintain clear lines of communication with the art and engineering teams
- Work with Production to ensure that timeframes and technical constraints are effectively defined and estimated to meet the project requirements
- Work with the Art Director to ensure technical art efforts align with the requirements of the art department to meet visual goals on projects but also throughout the entire studio
- Provide mentorship to the technical art staff and facilitate training efforts to develop the technical art discipline within the studio
- Oversee project staffing needs, define hiring requirements, and support ongoing recruitment efforts to grow the Technical Art department as required
- Create and maintain documentation standards and practices for tools, pipelines, and technical specifications
- Track efficiency of asset pipelines and processes throughout the life of the project, identifying issues or delays and fixing them where necessary
- 6+ years of experience as a Technical Artist
- At least one shipped title as Technical Art Director or Lead Technical Artist
- Expert-level experience with Python
- High technical proficiency across the entire art pipeline (modelling/DCC, baking, PBR/Shading)
- Basic knowledge of C++ or C#
Additional or desired skills:
- Experience in Unreal
- Experience with Houdini
- Knowledge of common Software Design Patterns
- Experience with Automation (Automated Testing Pipelines)
- Proficient in Agile Project Management (Scrum Master)
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.