Liverpool, UK / Flexible working considered
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are seeking an exceptional Technical Artist to join the studio at Director level with the aim to develop and mentor the Tech Art Team across the studio.
You will be responsible for oversight of both studio-wide and project-specific content pipelines, and investigate new technology and workflow ideologies.
You will work closely with the Core Technology Team, as well as project Art Directors, Technical Directors and Designers, to identify possible risks and provide solutions to overcome them.
It is a chance to get in at the early stages of a growing studio working on multiple new IP's and to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles.
Come and join our successful, stable, and expanding studio and create games that are guaranteed to be massive hits across the globe!
- Make critical art pipeline and process decisions
- Direct efforts of the Technical Art staff to identify and develop necessary art tool chains and documentation
- Maintain clear lines of communication with each project's art, design, and engineering teams
- Work with Production to ensure that timeframes and technical constraints are effectively determined or estimated to meet the project's requirements
- Work with Production to ensure effective and efficient deployment of technical art staff across multiple projects
- Work with the project Art Directors, Technical Directors and Core Technology to ensure technical art efforts meet visual goals, efficiency goals, and technical requirements
- Provide mentorship to the technical art staff and facilitate training efforts to develop the technical art discipline within the studio
- Oversee project/studio staffing needs, identifying hiring requirements, skillset shortfalls, and supporting ongoing recruitment efforts to grow the Technical Art department as required
- Create and maintain documentation standards and practices for tools, pipelines, and technical specifications
- Work closely with the Core Technology Team to maintain a manifest of tools and intellectual property
- Maintain a holistic view of Tech Art across the studio, working with Production to reshape/redeploy depending on project needs
- Proven experience as a Technical Artist within the Games Industry, including at least one AAA project
- At least one shipped title as Technical Art Director or Lead Technical Artist/Animator
- Expert-level experience with Python
- Technical proficiency across the entire art pipeline (modelling/DCC, baking, PBR/Shaders/Materials, animation, rigging, procedural modelling techniques, VFX)
- Robust understanding of Unreal (or equivalent) workflow and art systems (character setup, animations, animation graphs, sequencer, materials, driven keys etc
- Previous experience managing central tool development and distribution
- Previous experience managing a team of 4+ technical art staff
Additional or desired skills:
- Experience with Unreal
- Experience with Unreal blueprints
- Experience with Houdini
- Knowledge of common Software Design Patterns
- Experience with Automation (Automated Testing Pipelines)
- Proficient in Agile Project Management (Scrum Master)
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for the role, please email your C.V. to email@example.com with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.