Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our team working on a ground-breaking next generation PvP shooter project with a Games as a Service focus. This is a AAA quality original IP at an exciting stage! The opportunity is to join at the earliest stages of a multi-year development and help shape an incredible new game experience. The project is a huge multi-platform next generation action shooter experience with a heavy focus on Games as a Service, looking to bring unique mechanics and a bombastic tone to blow the doors off and bring something new to the genre!
- Devise and support end to end pipelines.
- Devise, support, and police in-game Materials/Shaders
- Support the art team with tech related issues on a day to day basis working within the framework defined with the code team.
- Working with Dev Managers to ensure a realistic time estimates are given.
- Constantly evaluate pipelines, tools, and techniques to ensure the art team are working as efficiently as possible.
- Must have been part of a full dev-cycle for multiple shipped games
- Proven Maya scripting skills (Python) with examples
- Proven UE Material authoring skills with examples – knowledge of HLSL an advantage
- Proven UE Editor skills
- General knowledge of Maya – expert knowledge of Maya an advantage
- Should be comfortable both supporting other artists’ asset creation as well as creating assets with high technical requirements
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be keen to work with people one-to-one as well as on a team basis
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of updating render pipelines
- Animation and rigging skills an advantage
- VFX work an advantage
- Experience with procedural asset creation is a plus (Houdini)
- Console development experience would be advantageous
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.