Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Tools Programmer to join the code team on a dark, story- driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
As a Tool Programmer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the tools used by designers, artists and technical artist. You will be working on next gen platforms and in areas such as but not limited to – animation, rendering, 3D software pipelines, in editor tools, motion capture integration, cameras and sequencers, etc.
- Work directly on content authoring tools used by the development team.
- Work closely with the leads and other programmers to plan and build new tools and technology features.
- Monitor performance and memory usage and plan and execute performance and memory optimizations.
- Develop other game, editor, tools or infrastructure features as required.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience of programming in C++.
- Learning specific areas of and debugging issues in large and complex C++ based codebases, that utilise custom tools and engines.
- General software engineering knowledge, such as OOP, design patterns & API development.
- Confidence working with 3D maths, vectors, matrices, linear algebra.
- The ability to write and optimise solid, robust and maintainable tool code that respects agreed development guidelines.
- Previous experience in a similar role, with experience of working with and a passion for tools development
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Maya pipelines knowledge.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Understanding of animation pipelines.
- Rendering skills (shaders, mesh deformation, etc)
- Experienced with Unreal Engine.
- Experienced with Console development.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. and supporting portfolio to email@example.com with the Job Reference or hit the apply button below.